Match.com is one of the first online dating sites that started in 1995. Unfortunately, they have a list of complaints a few YEARS long. Receiving spam emails from Match.com ranks among the highest of complaints they get from users and trial users. When you attempt to use their so called "free" trial, you end up getting your Gmail account loaded with messages about potential "matches" for you that you end up having no real interest in. Some "matches" are known criminals. The other downside is that you can't unsubscribe from their emails unless you join as a member.
Use these instructions to start blocking emails:
- Install Block Sender by opening Google Chrome and loading the Block Sender website, which you've already done, great!
- Click the "Install Block Sender" button to install the browser extension from the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-ons page.
- Once the installation is complete, open Gmail in your browser and sign up for a Block Sender account when prompted.
- Link your Gmail account to Block Sender.
- Open the email in question and click the Block button.