How to Set Up a Fake Gmail Bounce Message
It is very true that email service has made communication a lot easier. However, not everything about email is exciting. No matter how great and helpful email service is, it has an annoying side, too. That annoying side is the never-ending inflow of spam or junk messages.
Nearly every type of spam is annoying. Yet, not all spam mails are equal. Sometimes, you can stop junk mails by using Gmail advanced filters or by taking the help of the ‘unsubscribe from spam’ option; but not always. Dealing with spam mails sent by companies and organizations is a totally different game compared to dealing with junk messages sent by real persons. It is possible to ignore or delete junk mails sent by automated systems without any consequences, but when it comes to unwanted mails sent by real persons, employing the same strategy can easily backfire.
So how do you brush off a mail sent by a real person and make sure that the person never sends you another mail again? In other words, how do you stop unwanted mails sent by real people from annoying you? Well, one way to do that is by setting a fake email bounce message with the help of a good email filtering app like Block Sender for Gmail.
Getting rid of spam is really easy when you use Block Sender for Gmail. You just have to follow the steps given below to send a fake bounce message:
- Step 1: Install the Block Sender for Gmail app by either visiting the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-ons page.
- Step 2: Open your Gmail inbox, sign up for a Block Sender account when prompted, and links your Gmail account with Block Sender.
- Step 3: Click on any unwanted email, then click on the "Block" button found toward the top of the page, and select the "Emails from this sender" option.
- Step 4: Go back to your inbox, click the "Block" button again, and select "Manage Blocks"
- Step 5: Find the block you just created and enable "Bounce Backs" for it.
Once all the above steps are completed, the sender will receive the error message sent by you. The best part is that the sender will have no idea that it was you who sent the error message, as the message will appear similar to standard bounce messages. Block Sender for Gmail is not for everyone. But if you regularly receive mails from people you would rather not have contact with, you need to get the app right away.