How to Use Bounce Back Emails to Avoid Spam in Gmail
Gmail is the most popular email service there is in the world. Millions of users exchange billions of emails with the help of the platform on a daily basis. That is a truly remarkable achievement for any email platform. And frankly, Gmail deserves all the attention and appreciation it receives, since it provides great email service for no cost at all.
However, every Gmail user has to deal with spam on a regular basis. And if you use Gmail too, then it is certain that you are not unfamiliar with spam emails, either. Spam mails do not just irritate you. Such mails occupy your valuable time and make your mind unnecessarily busy, as well. So, it is a good idea to try to keep unwanted emails as far away from your life as possible.
If you have been a Gmail user for a long time, then you must be aware that preventing spam or stopping unwanted mail in Gmail is not easy at all. Despite the strict filters used by Gmail, somehow spam mails seem to find their way into your inbox. However, there is one method that works quite well when it comes to discouraging users from sending you unwanted mails. The method uses bounce emails to achieve the goal.
In order to understand how to eliminate spam using bounce back messages, take a look at the steps outlined here:
- Step 1: Install the Block Sender for Gmail app by either visiting the Chrome Web Store or Firefox Add-ons page.
- Step 2: Open your Gmail inbox, sign up for a Block Sender account when prompted, and links your Gmail account with Block Sender.
- Step 3: Click on any unwanted email, then click on the "Block" button found toward the top of the page, and select the "Emails from this sender" option.
- Step 4: Go back to your inbox, click the "Block" button again, and select "Manage Blocks"
- Step 5: Find the block you just created and enable "Bounce Backs" for it.
Once you complete the steps given above, your Gmail account will send a bounce email to the specific sender. The sender, after receiving the bounce mail, will assume that your email address is incorrect and delete your address from the mailing list. The beauty of this method is that you do not block senders outright. This one is a sneaky way to stop spam email, and that is why it works so well. This method is nearly as helpful as it gets when it comes to email filtering. That is the reason why thousands of busy email users love the app or Gmail junk filter called Block Sender for Gmail. In case you have not tested the app till now, be sure to try it.